Thursday, March 31, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

Wrapping up my 6th week of being completely in the game. It feels better and better every day. I am staying under 1200 calories a day, going to the gym 5-6 days a week, and not even really feeling tempted to do anything else. I feel great. I have so much more energy and am feeling smaller every day. I hope the scale is kind to me this week!

Last night hubby and I went to our favorite Applebee's for dinner as we found ourselves without the 2 youngest girls and we wanted to try something off the new "Under 550 calorie" menu. We both chose steak: I had the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp and hubby chose the Asiago Peppercorn Steak. Both came with steamed herb red potatoes and steamed seasonal veggies. DELICIOUS!! We haven't had a steak in a while so it was just what the doctor ordered. The potoates were a nice treat and the fact that we had a flavorful, fresh and delicious dinner for 500 calories or less was awesome. Thanks Applebee's, as always for an amazing dining experience.
I made chicken enchiladas tonight, and managed to make them pretty low cal. I'm quite pleased with myself. They ended up 155 for 1 enchilada. I also made Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice Taco flavor and some FF refried beans. The whole meal was 355 per serving, but I skipped the rice for only 255 calories. boo yah!!
I also am amazed at how small my portions have become in comparison to what I used to it and I'm completely satisfied all day. I am working at eating more whole foods and less carbs, less processed food, less crap. Trying to eat more fruits, veggies, dairy, lean protein.
Keep on Keeping on my friends. Healthy is where it's at!

No comments:

Post a Comment