Tuesday, March 22, 2011

and the soup was amazing :)

Well it has been a busy day so far. I just came home and wrote down my breakfast and lunch and counted up my calories. I had lunch at Applebee's with a couple of old friends and struggled with the menu (note to self: so much easier to check menu & nutritional values online at home first and plan out what you are going to order. They have a great new (and very delicious looking) under 550 calorie menu, but those are huge dinner portions and dinner prices. I wanted a lunch. I checked out the "Pick n Pair Lunch Combos". I have had the grilled shrimp & spinach salad before and it is good. The server told us the soup of the day was broccoli cheese (my fav!) so I went with those 2, thinking the servings were small so it shouldn't be too bad, but thinking the soup was probably pretty high. Well, after consulting their nutritional info online, it was 530 for my lunch. Not too bad!! I'm so happy to know that I actually made a decent choice and didn't "blow" my lunch.
At the gym, I did 5 minutes on the stair climber and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I had to go to a work meeting or I would have stayed on longer.
I bought some more healthy things at the grocery store and also picked up a digital kitchen scale today, which I think is going to help me with getting my portions accurate.
"You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do , except the limitations of your mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment