Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Couch to 5k Week 3 day 1

Last night began Week 3 of Couch to 5k, and I did it! I was a little (ok, a lot) intimidated when I saw 3 minute runs but I told myself all the way to the gym that I could do it. I would do it. So I did it. It wasn't easy for sure, but I did it. When my breathing starts to get labored I get panicky and that makes it more difficult. But if I could just even out my breathing, I think I'd be doing so much better. My hip is hurting a bit and my shins, but nothing I can't push through.
I'm only running at like 4.3 on the treadmill, but I'm running. During my last 3 minute run last night I bumped it up to 4.7 for the 2nd minute and 5.o the 3rd minute and 5.4 the last 30 seconds. I was dying at the end but felt pretty accomplished.
Just ate my oatmeal with some dried cranberries, a touch of brown sugar and some cinnamon. My 5 yr old was a little slow this morning and when we walked out the door, I heard the bus, so we full out ran to the bus stop and then I ran back. YAY! I would have never done that a month ago, I would have gone back in the house for my keys.
So I'm off the gym now! I think I will take a magazine and spend some time on the elliptical today. I hope that you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment